Application for Housing

Eligibility for Teacher Housing

If you are a teacher employed under the Teaching Services Act 1980 or the TAFE Commission Act 1990 you are entitled to apply for accommodation in the town that you are appointed to (permanently or temporarily), for the period of your appointment. 

Casual teachers are entitled to apply for accommodation in the town where they are engaged by the school/TAFE, as long as they are employed at least three (3) days per week. Casual teachers have a lower priority for housing than permanent and temporary teachers.  

Please refer to our Housing and Allocation Policy (HEAP)  for more information on how we allocate our housing. 

How to apply for Teacher Housing 

You can submit an application for housing simply by clicking here or clicking the "Application for Housing" icon under Quick Links on the right hand side of the page. 

Application for Housing forms submitted via our website before 1.00pm are received the same day. Applications submitted after this time will be received the following day. 

Forms for current Teacher Tenants